Cogito is seeking an experienced, technically proficient and skilled Software Engineer, Telephony Services with expertise in modern VoIP telecommunications.
The Cogito Telephony Team is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software for telephone call capture from enterprise telephony systems. The team develops software for cloud-based and virtualized environments as well as on-premise appliances and virtual servers ensuring call centers of all sizes have secure, reliable, and low-latency integration with Cogito behavioral analytics on all their calls.
You are comfortable in a mix of languages and tech stacks within Java. You believe in automated testing and know how to simulate production environments to test for reliability and scale. You are a Linux guru and have deployed software on physical servers and virtualized instances in public and private clouds. You bring enthusiasm to your job and love tackling new and challenging problems. You are a collaborator who thrives on a focused, dedicated tech team.
As a Software Engineer, Telephony Services you will be a key member of the implementation team working with current and future Cogito clients to provide the best telephony integration experience. The ideal candidate has a mix of client-facing skills, implementation experience, production support management, and Enterprise level Network/Security/Cloud know-how.
- Microservice design specification for capturing audio from third-party systems
- RESTful and/or AMQP-based services for efficiently processing signaling and media
- Reliable operation of audio call capture services in production
- Develop, implement, and support Custom Engineering solutions for complex client engagements
- 5-10 years of experience developing production-grade software
- Bachelor or Master's degree in engineering, computer-science, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in Java including design patterns and mastery of standard libraries
- Experience with the full software development cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about building scalable software in a fast growing tech company
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and apply them to advancing the software stack
- Ability to develop software solutions to support customers and prospects
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- A self starter, willing to invest time and effort to learn new skills and techniques
- Detail oriented and able to meet objectives in a rapidly changing environment
Your choice of comprehensive benefits for you and your familys health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Monthly catered lunch and live product demos
401(k) retirement plan options
Ongoing professional development and cross-training
20 days vacation time and 11 company holidays (yes, Patriots Day is a holiday)
Company paid parental leave upon hire
Competitive pay, stock options, and annual bonus eligibility
Casual dress and fun office atmosphere
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Stocked groceries in the kitchen
Office location in the heart of Boston with convenience to the MBTA lines
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Cogito is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.
Authorization to Work:
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US.
More Jobs From