Software Engineer, Sensors and Platforms
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
The Software Engineer, C++ reports to the CTO Sensors and Platforms Team and is responsible for leveraging the latest technologies to create proof of concept prototypes and develop future products. The role involves a broad and diverse understanding of systems with expertise in software engineering. The Avigilon Presence Detector http://avigilon.com/products/video-surveillance/radar/ is one example of groundbreaking technology that has made its way from this team’s research into production. Deliverable cycles.
The Software Engineer will join forces with our other software developers at our Analytics and Data Science Center located in Assembly Row – Somerville, MA.
- Proven skills and expertise in C++ programming
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development cycle, design, and test
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of computer science fundamentals, OOD/OOP, multi-threading and concurrency, memory management, I/O timing, and complexity analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative team environment
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and/or experience:
- Familiar with Python and scripting languages
- Experience working with embedded systems, sensors, and device communication
- Unix/Linux development and cross-compiling for target architectures
- Familiarity with Qt, Git, Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket
- Hands-on experience prototyping systems that include hardware, software, and networking
- Experience with machine learning and computer vision libraries
Benefits and Perks:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, ESPP, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, community service activities, etc.