Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Who We Are: One Door provides leading retailers with Merchandising Cloud, the industry’s leading SaaS application for in-store merchandising execution. Merchandising Cloud enables retailers to improve collaboration, localize their merchandising, and simplify the associate experience. The Software Engineer is responsible for developing, modifying, and maintaining enterprise-scale web applications for One Door leveraging Ruby on Rails and other open source technologies. At One Door, technology is valued as a differentiator and as a key component of our success. We strive to improve ourselves by improving the code base, sharing ideas and knowledge, and deliver amazing customer experience. Check us out at www.onedoor.com/company for a glimpse into our culture.
You’ll Work On:
- Merging best practices and new technologies into a mature code base.
- Developing, enhancing, and maintaining software using Ruby on Rails and other open source web technologies that are reliable, performs well, and delivers a high level of client engagement for new and existing products.
- Feature sets such as drawing tools, mapping tools, document workflows, questionnaires, 2-way communication systems and more.
- Reviewing and assimilating requirements and functional specifications to understand user needs.
- Collaborate directly with our Product team to solve the problems of our diverse audiences.
- Creating new code to enhance and maintain software applications.
- Developing, writing, and updating technical documentation.
- Creating automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality.
- Investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving performance issues and bugs.
- Adhering to development standards and processes and working towards continuous improvement applying best practices and learning new technologies.
- Maintaining current knowledge of the Company's products, software applications, and the latest technologies.
- 2+ years’ experience developing web-based software applications that include at least one year of proficiency in using Ruby on Rails.
- Exposure to mobile web, hybrid, and/or native mobile applications development and responsive user interfaces a plus.
- Knowledge of source control systems that may include experience with Git and a relevant unit test framework is needed.
- Working knowledge of agile software development methodologies and key best practices.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills to work collaboratively across departments.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to overcome technical issues and challenges.
- Proven skills to work independently using some level of evaluation, originality and/or ingenuity to complete tasks.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- Bi-weekly "Engineering Improvement Days" for professional & personal development
- Bi-weekly Tech Talks
- Bi-weekly Thirsty Thursdays (starting at 4:30!)
- Annual Hackathon
- Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K Matching
- A monthly contribution for Commuter Expenses
- Free Blue Bikes Membership
- A great office a few minutes’ walk from South Station smack-dab in Boston’s Fort Point Channel
- A Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Fun Company Outings
One Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as One Door does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.