Applause is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Platform Delivery team. Platform Delivery is the curator of the core infrastructure of the Applause platform, from cloud resources to enabling service teams and their production services, and the evangelists for our DevOps culture and practices. Platform Delivery provides the framework which holds the cloud-based, microservices infrastructure together while achieving maximum development velocity with just enough barriers and safety measures to prevent accidents.
- Use infrastructure management tools to manage cloud resources
- Manage infrastructure services such as build automation systems
- Participate in requirements gathering, design reviews, and code reviews
- Develop automation jobs for deployment and management of services
- Participate in management and troubleshooting of infrastructure services
- Perform task-related infrastructure management work such as backup/restore and patch management
- Assist engineering teams in troubleshooting their services on the platform
- Participate in on-call rotation for infrastructure services
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience writing Bash and familiarity with one or more of Ruby, Python, or Go
- Experience with monitoring tools and services such as Nagios, New Relic, or Datadog
- Experience with Linux and familiarity with troubleshooting tools, such as strace, lsof, and netstat
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS EC2, S3, and RDS
- Familiarity with image creation tools such as Docker Compose, Packer, or AMI tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, or Bamboo
- Understanding of distributed computing concepts such as leader election and locking
- Ability to communicate effectively using documents, diagrams, and more informal methods such as chat and email
This is not a heads down, work in a corner position. As a member of Platform Delivery, you will participate in all aspects of the Applause platform and interface will all levels of the infrastructure from working with support teams to assisting in architecture decisions and providing design feedback. This role will report to the Manager of Platform Delivery while working closely with our architecture and development teams.
Applause empowers leading brands to deliver flawless digital experiences for their customers on any device, in every location. The companys testing, feedback and research solutions enable businesses to delight customers, drive topline revenue and innovate faster.
Applause ensures digital quality for websites, mobile apps, IoT products and in-store interactions in a way no other approach can via its technology platform and managed global community of over 300,000 on-demand digital experience experts. Only real people on real devices in real locations can provide the real issues and feedback that brands need to deliver great digital customer experiences. Thousands of companies of every size including Google, FOX, Nike, BMW, PayPal and Slack rely on Applause to dramatically decrease the time and cost of delivering great digital experiences for their customers. Learn more at www.applause.com.
More Jobs From