We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Were looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Performance Marketing team, helping drive visitors to Tripadvisors website so they can experience our products and book their dream vacation. We integrate with search, social, display and affiliate advertising platforms across the web to acquire traffic. Our engineers have one of the most interesting roles at Tripadvisor - youll collaborate closely with product managers, analysts and data scientists and provide crucial input to our direction and success. Overall you'll grow a comprehensive understanding of how Tripadvisor competes (and wins!) in the fascinating and rapidly-changing global travel marketplace.
We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration. Across Tripadvisor, weve worked hard to create an atmosphere of Speed Wins minimizing process, shipping products quickly and doing everything to avoid big company paralysis. This is a very bottom-up organization; there are no software architects thinking deep thoughts and directing the action from above. We trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs.
Do you like building features end to end? Do you like working with a large number of technologies? Do you like moving quickly, releasing features daily, working with other smart and talented engineers? If this sounds like you, wed love to talk to you.
What youll do
- Code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle
- Develop platforms and tools for managing SEM, Hotel Ads and social accounts. This includes partner API integrations, Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) data engineering processes to produce tables & insights, feed generation and more
- Work closely with our data scientists and analysts to produce predictive algorithms for bidding and optimizing ad spend
- Daily operational support - youll be part of a team that owns these crucial systems
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - were using Java, PySpark, Hive, Snowflake, BigQuery, Postgres, SQLServer, React, and more
- Take pride in growing one of the most critical revenue sources for the company
What were looking for
- At least 3+ years experience of commercial software development
- Solid experience developing complex ETL processes, including defining requirements, schemas and monitoring.
- Experience with designing and querying relational databases and big data.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
While not mandatory, previous marketing (SEM, Facebook/Instagram, Display) and back-end development experience would be beneficial.