Office Tour Photos
Who we are:
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the global leader in health and wellbeing, we are committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
This emphasis on employee satisfaction while containing cost is what sets us apart from the competition. If you search Virgin Pulse App, you will find our mobile app, which by the way, has been downloaded over 1 million times. You will see its app rating of 4.9 stars in the Apple App Store, with over 88,000 reviews! Thats not only impressive for a Business to Business application that is provided by an employers HR department, it is impressive for any consumer grader application!
What we are building:
We are focused on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application and are looking for people who aspire to be a professional Software Engineers to join our team.
As a Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse you will work on a scrum team. You bring to the table a base understanding of many modern open-source web technologies, and are dedicated to learning more. Each day you will be collaborating with Tech Leads, Product Managers, UX Designers, and other talented Engineers to deliver great solutions on an exponentially growing application.
You'll be working on platform that serves:
- Several million engaged users
- 50 billion+ consumer generated API calls a year
- Native mobile clients with 750k+ MAU (Monthly Active Users)
What are we looking for in a new hire:
Hiring is the most important thing a growing business needs to do well. We look for engineers who have following the three attributes: they are technical, versatile, and data driven.
Since each engineering team operates with a high degree of autonomy, the work to deliver software involves many functions from sprint to sprint with a model of "build it, run it". As we hire, we are looking for engineers who are good communicators and can do more than just writing code. Versatility and making decision based on data are important attributes of working in engineering.
- Design, code, and test new platform components, features, and enhancements for our native mobile platforms (Swift/Java/Kotlin) Collaborate with agile cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Triage, analyze and improve app performance in production
- Participate in sprint ceremonies to design solutions, estimate effort, and collaborate with the team to effectively plan work
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability Monitor platform performance tools in production and raise awareness to team
You are someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical training and/or experience. Each will be considered equally.
- 2+ years of mobile development experience (iOS or Android).
- Outstanding problem solving skills and a solid grasp of object-oriented programming
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Strong communication skills, openness to collaborate, and enthusiasm to deliver as a part of a team
- A passion and drive for learning technologies and applying them pragmatically
- An ability to contribute to a technical discussion and the openness to listen and learn from your peers
You should at least be familiar with.
- Experience with Swift, Kotlin or Java
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience writing Unit Tests
- Experience working with DB
- Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies
What makes you stand out.
- Reactive Programming (RxSwift, RxJava)
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Familiar with Bluetooth, NFC or other short distance wireless communication technologies
What we will provide.
- Attractive market competitive salaries
- Personal education and skills development budget
- Hands on mentoring and career growth
- Regular company activities and team building
- Modern office space in Tuzla spread across 1400m2
- Use of our in-office gym and fitness facilities
- Free snacks and drinks
- Relaxation and gaming space
Why join Virgin Pulse.
This is the best time to join Virgin Pulse because you can learn a lot working for a fast growing, successful company. It is actually fairly rare in ones career to find a company that is about to enter a phase of substantial growth -- that very same company with the resources, the technology know-how, a track record, and a vision to redefine an entire industry. At this time, Virgin pulse is one of those rare companies.
More Jobs From