Software Engineer, iOS
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Every day, more than 250 million people access Facebook through their mobile devices across the world. The Facebook Mobile team constantly pushes the boundaries of the Facebook Mobile experience, as a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. We are seeking full-time iOS Engineers to join the Mobile team. As a Facebook Mobile Software Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Facebook experience to hundreds of millions of people, anytime and anywhere.
We are looking for someone that has strong experience with developing user interfaces for applications on the iPhone or iPad using the iOS SDK. If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Facebook experience for the iOS platform
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with the Facebook platform
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years building complex applications for the iPhone or iPad using Objective-C/C++/Swift with Cocoa and other frameworks
- Experience with code bases, including API design techniques
- Experience building in the iPhone SDK
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
We're proud to be the #1 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor's Employees' Choice awards. Learn more: www.fb.careers/fb1
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.