Software Engineer, Intern/Co-op
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Want to build new features and products that touch more than a billion people around the world? Want to build new features that improve existing products like Photos, Groups, NewsFeed, Search, and Messaging? Want to solve unique, large-scale, highly complex technical problems?
Our development cycle is extremely fast, and we've built tools to keep it that way. It's common to write code and have it running live on the site just a few days later. If you work for us, you will make an impact, immediately.
Facebook is seeking interns/co-ops to join our engineering team. You can help build the next generation of systems behind Facebook's products, create web applications that reach millions of people, build high volume servers and be a part of a team that’s working to help connect people around the globe. This /co-op has a minimum twelve (12) week duration.
- Code high-volume software using primarily C++ and Java
- Create web applications using primarily PHP
- Implement web interfaces using XHTML, CSS, and
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- Pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in Computer Science or a related field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the
- Experience in C++, Java, Perl, PHP, or
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
- Preferred: Demonstrated software engineering experience from previous , work experience, coding competitions, or publications
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2018
We're proud to be the #1 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor's Employees' Choice awards. Learn more: www.fb.careers/fb1
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.