Software Engineer Intern - Vertica
Micro Focus is seeking Ecosystem Software Engineer Intern for Summer 2020 based in Cambridge, MA to join the Vertica development team. As an ecosystem software engineer, you work at the intersection of the applications and systems software realms, designing in-database features, new APIs, and integration software to connect Vertica with other data processing systems like apache Spark and Kafka. The products and features you create enable all users of Vertica - developers, DBA's and end users alike - to leverage the full power of the industry-leading Vertica Analytic database.
- Design and implement features in the Vertica database engine that enable a richer and more robust client-side programming experience. Past examples include query routing, load balancing and secure authentication
- Design, implement and extend database APIs for a variety of languages and programming frameworks
- Use the Vertica database APIs to design and implement integrations with third-party applications and data processing systems like Apache Kafka
- Work cross functionally with product management, QA, and documentation teams to drive the development of features from concept to product.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Must be graduating AFTER August 2019
- Knowledge of C/C++, operating systems and client-server network programming
- Ability to deliver prodigious amounts of extremely high quality code (get stuff done)
- Knowledge of Linux and comfortable with Linux/Unix scripting with bash and python
- Knowledge of SQL and database driver technologies (JDBC, ODBC, ADO.NET)
- Experience with Apache Hadoop and other open source data processing projects
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, Micro Focus one of the worlds most attractive employers. At Micro Focus our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
About our team
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.
About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the worlds most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status
More Jobs From