Software Engineer Intern, iOS
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on Brightcoves cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. Brightcove is also the place for talented, creative and passionate people who are excited about new technologies and being on the cutting edge of Internet TV and web development. We have a culture which values empowerment, individual and team excellence, honesty, and customer centricity. If you are smart and have a high drive to get things done, we want to work with you!
Brightcove is looking for an iOS Software Engineer intern! This is a rare opportunity to be part of an organization that is shaping the future look and feel of interactive media, mobile, and television. We are seeking candidates who will thrive on working as part of a talented and highly Agile engineering team. You will have the opportunity to work with great engineers on cutting edge technology using leading edge software development processes. You'll gain exposure to how a real engineering team works, from sprint planning to shipping code. You must be eager to learn, want to make a difference, and want to set yourself up for a great career as an engineer.
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a growing, public company, and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
- Participate hands-on in all phases of the software lifecycle in defining, designing, implementing, reviewing, and releasing.
- Work closely with developers, designers and software engineers in test in an action-oriented Agile engineering organization to help design, build, and test our digital media player products.
- Design and implement new features for our SDKs using Objective-C and Swift.
- Collaborate in technical design of significant and meaningful new initiatives.
- Collaborate with engineers across the company.
- Help shape our product by providing input on designs and giving feedback on usability.
- Work with the whole product team to validate the quality of our releases.
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate or Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Good knowledge of Internet/Web technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with Object-Oriented design and development.
- Good analytical skills with strong problem solving abilities.
- Classroom or project experience developing iOS mobile apps using Swift and/or Objective-C is desirable.
- Prior internship or development experience is highly desirable.
- An interest in learning and contributing to making a great product better is a must as is a desire to learn and grow.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success.
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!