Software Engineer Intern, Applications
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are passionate about online video, and day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether thats in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, nearly 5,500 of them in 70 countries.
About the Team
Brightcoves Applications engineering team is built on small, collaborative, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution. We strive to build engaging products with a rich user experience to meet the needs of and delight our customers. We look for people who have a strong interest in working on products for which UI (and overall UX) is a big component and focus. If you are bright, enthusiastic about development, creative, passionate, curious and eager to contribute we want to hear from you!
- Work in an Agile environment collaborating with all team members
- Participate in software design discussions, planning and retrospectives
- Implement code and tests for scalable, high performance infrastructure in a cloud-based environment
- Analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
- Create & manage bug reports, communicate with the team, and verify bug fixes.
You are smart, nice and learn quickly. You are someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to take a product from great to amazing.
- Undergrad or Graduate student preferably in Computer Science
- Exposure to HTML, CSS and JS Libraries is a plus
- Good analytical and troubleshooting stills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Working at Brightcove
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!