Office Tour Photos
The Endpoint Engineering team is responsible for Carbonite’s core products. The solutions we build are installed on over 1.5 million machines worldwide and backup petabytes of data to the cloud. We like solving big problems and we are looking for an Engineer to be the responsible for design, development and enhancement of Endpoint products. The ideal candidate has a desire to dig into complex issues and hit the ground running.
As a Software Engineer on the Endpoint team, you will be part of the team that is driving Carbonite’s success. The code you write will be used by millions of people. You will have the opportunity to help us choose key technologies and drive critical design decisions for our Windows and Mac products. You will work with an outstanding group of peers and you will be part of an agile team that is continuously improving.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Develop an understanding of the architecture of the Endpoint mid-market product
- Build and debug Carbonite’s mid-market endpoint products (Windows/Mac C#/.Net, SQL Server)
- Take an issue all the way through our process of development, testing, through release
- Work with quality assurance resources to become proficient at automated testing
- Participate and contribute on a collaborative agile team
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Analyze and address complex issues/projects in the back end REST APIs
- Deploy and run the solution in the Azure public cloud
- Work with product management to understand requirements and propose appropriate designs
- Champion and demo enhancements to team
- Develop solid knowledge of continuous integration environment
- Propose enhancements to internal processes and application stack
Key Challenges to Overcome:
For a developer on our team, it is key to internalize the values of developing robust, testable, automated, scalable software. The key driver for this team is to protect our customer’s data and all our development should reflect that goal.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- The ability to articulate and defend an informed opinion on important topics
- Demonstrated leadership in working with cross-functional teams
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience
- Development experience with C# and .Net programming
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience working with SQL Server
- Experience with Angular web development framework
- Experience working on a collaborative agile development team
- Experience developing on Windows and Mac is a plus
- Experience with Azure is a plus
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Knowledge of systems concepts like complex data structures, file systems, data deduplication, multithreading, inter-process communication, mutual exclusion, memory management, web-services, etc.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals Carbonite was launched with a clear goal: Provide easy-to-use, secure and affordable online backup to the consumer market. Today we are a leading provider of data protection, with a comprehensive portfolio of solutions purpose-built for consumers, small and midsized businesses with a global network of partners including VARs, MSPs and OEMs.
Together with Webroot—acquired by Carbonite in 2019—we provide end-to-end data resilience. Our company vision is to safeguard people and businesses from the cost and consequences of data loss and cyber threats. We deliver on that vision with powerful antivirus protection plus easy-to-use backup and recovery services.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our 1600 employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at Carbonite.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. Carbonite is growing fast, and we’re currently looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?