Software Engineer II - Restaurants Data
Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million unique monthly visitors, we help travelers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. As a Software Engineer on the Restaurants Data Team, you will design databases, APIs, data pipelines (ETLs), and deploy machine learning models to production.
As a Software Engineer at TripAdvisor, you will work in a fast-moving, collaborative environment that expects you to own your projects. Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. We optimize the site with an iterative, agile, and data-driven approach by running several concurrent A/B tests each week. You will collaborate with fellow engineers, analysts, data scientists, and product managers to build the next generation backbone for our data.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design.
- Fluency in Java and Python.
- Experience deploying real-time statistical or machine learning models.
- Proficiency in Relational Database Management Systems, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MSSQL.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as MapReduce, Hadoop, HiveQL, Spark, Presto, AWS Redshift, or Snowflake
- Experience deploying public-facing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with message queues such as Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Startup experience is a definite plus.
- Design and implement the technical solutions for data-driven projects.
- Be responsible for the quality of code you ship.
- Actively provide feedback on best practices and design patterns to your peers in the form of code reviews.
- Collaborate with full stack developers in other parts of Restaurants to architect cross-cutting backend components of the teams infrastructure.
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance.