Software Engineer II - Experiences
TripAdvisor is the worlds largest travel site, and our Experiences business is a fast-growing part of the organization. With the worlds largest selection of bookable experiences coupled with unparalleled traveler insights, were evolving the entire attractions industry.
We are seeking a Software Engineer II to join the Experiences team in its office near North Station in downtown Boston. In this role you will help us build and improve our platform that makes it easy for our customer to find and book experiences online as well as help travel industry vendors that provide these experiences to expand their reach. We have a wide range of problems to solve across the entire stack ranging from back end services to front end UI development. Ability to work across the entire stack is desired but not required as there is flexibility in areas of code to develop best matched the candidates skill set.
- You have a B.S of higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You have at least 2 to 5 years of software development experience.
- You have a strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and modular design.
- You have hands on experience with at least one OO language (Java, C#, etc).
- You have good analytical skills.
- You have a strong desire to learn new things and work in a rapidly changing environment.
Exposure to these technologies is a plus but not required
- Amazon Web Service (ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3)
- MySQL or similar RDBMS
- Java and Scala
- Ebean ORM