Office Tour Photos
Were not your traditional tech company and we dont aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. Thats why we value diversity of background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud-based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change? (Overview)
Toast needs impact-driven, product-thinking, front-end-focused engineers to build web applications that people will love. The front-end engineers work closely with user experience and research to construct the worlds most thoughtful digital ordering tools. You will create not just applications, but millions of lasting relationships between restaurants and their guests by crafting experiences that surprise and delight around every corner.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Iterate quickly alongside a cross-functional Engineering, Product, and Design team keeping quality and results top of mind.
- Build new full-stack products and features.
- Help shape the face of development at Toast by participating in an iterative SDLC.
- Ship code that has a massive impact on the growth of Toast and its customers.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience building modern and scalable React applications.
- Can write unit tests in your sleep.
- Know how to prioritize technical requirements and design needs.
- A propensity towards automating everything.
- Passionate about the restaurant industry.
- Default to thinking outside the box.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Requirements)
- Experience with browser support differences.
- Familiar with GraphQL.
- Built front-end components shared across multiple platforms.
- Used experimentation frameworks and front-end behavior reporting systems.
- Worked with research teams to understand user needs.
- Used modern, scalable, and distributed web platforms and serverless technology.
- Understand code deployment strategies and have worked with commercially available or home-grown tools.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
More on our tech stack:
Toast runs on cloud platforms like AWS and Google. We leverage containers from development through production. Our web clients are React, GraphQL, PostCSS, and Jest/Enzyme; our mobile clients are Kotlin and Swift; our back-end services are Kotlin or Apollo+NodeJS.
More Jobs From