The Developer Experience team enables the 2000+ software engineers at Wayfair to discover, monitor, and modify their applications, services, and resources at scale. Developer Experience reports into the Developer Acceleration organization and works closely with other infrastructure and DevOps teams to help drive the Platform as a Service initiative.
Through this role, you will be given product and engineering goals and will be expected to own the implementation strategy from measurement to delivery. You will also propose and drive improvements to the quality of the Backstage ecosystem both by improving them yourself and improving the technical ability of the team around you.
What Youll Do:
- Architect and implement robust, well-tested services
- Provide technical design and code reviews for peers within your team and plugin contributors across the Engineering organization
- Contribute to the technical development of engineers by mentoring and coaching them through learning opportunities
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the Backstage platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Product and Engineering stakeholders
What Youll Need:
- History of delivering high-value software systems with high test coverage
- Ability to work effectively with people and enjoy helping others achieve their goals
- Experience working with modern infrastructure and tools, for example, Buildkite, Docker, Kubernetes
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.