Office Tour Photos
Over 50% of all e-commerce sales are by independent, third-party sellers. The majority of these sellers are flying blind with nothing but basic spreadsheet software with which to manage their business. Our AI helps these sellers by providing deep performance analytics at a product level, as well as support for complex decision-making through a combination of econometrics and machine-learning.
The Data Science team's predictive services are developed in Python on top of AWS Sagemaker, orchestrated by Airflow and backed by a Snowflake data warehouse. Our back-end code emphasizes a ‘functional-first’ Scala stack with cats and fs2, powering a front-end that uses TypeScript with React and Redux
- 3+ years of experience working as a professional software developer.
- Experience with one or more of the following ML techniques: Bayesian modeling, time series analysis, embeddings, reinforcement learning, constrained optimization
- Proficiency with Python and Python ML libraries (e.g. numpy/scipy/pandas, Tensorflow, etc.). Additional experience with 'functional first' programming in Scala, Haskell, Clojure, etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of databases and experience with writing code that interfaces with the database layer. Strong SQL/RDBMS experience required; experience with NoSQL databases desired.
- Experience writing well designed and testable code, and writing effective unit and integration tests.
- Passion for learning and growing as a developer with the goal of one day mentoring others
- A desire to work in a collaborative environment focusing on continuous learning; participating in tech talks, code review, and some pair programming.
More Jobs From