Thursday, March 14th, 2019
Software Engineer II (Back-End)
280 Summer St, 9th FlBoston, MA 02210
Teikametrics is a leading maker of software for online, third-party sellers. We provide broad-ranging tools for sellers that cover supply logistics, inventory management, marketing, advertising, sales and competitive intelligence. The company is profitable, with significant monthly-recurring-revenues and has recently raised a Series A investment to fuel growth. Teikametrics is on target for over 100% revenue growth in the next year. Online, third-party sellers account for over half of Amazon’s sales volume and 80% of Amazon’s catalogue. The market for Teikametrics’ software, in North America alone, consists of over 2.5 MM sellers accounting for $200 BN in sales revenue. As a proven, profitable, early-stage startup with massive growth potential, Teikametrics is a unique opportunity within the Boston job market. Our compensation is competitive and our benefits include a matching 401(k) plan, quarterly bonuses, unlimited vacation, and stock options. About the Role Teikametrics is looking for a software engineer with strong computer science fundamentals and a background in application development. Current back-end technologies at Teikametrics emphasize a ‘functional-first’ Scala stack with cats, fs2, akka-http, slick, powering a front-end that uses TypeScript with React and Redux. We also use Python and Postgresql. Qualified candidates should have:
- 3+ years of experience working as a professional software developer. Comfort with working on a SaaS system at scale.
- Experience with Scala, Java, Haskell, or related languages
- Knowledge of databases and experience with writing code that interfaces with the database layer. SQL/RDBMS experience required; experience with various NoSQL databases desired.
- Experience writing well designed and testable code, and writing effective unit and integration tests.
- Passion for working with a small team of world-class developers, solving challenging problems.
- A desire to work in a collaborative environment focusing on continuous learning; participating in mentoring, tech talks, code review, and some pair programming.
Category: Software Engineering/QA