Software Engineer II
When was the last time you bought something online that shipped in more than one box?
Wayfair sells everything home, from clocks that come in one box to sofa sectionals that come in five. TheMerchandising Engineeringteam writes the software that powers that wide range of products, and were looking for engineers to build a simple user experience on top of complex product data. Build fluid, scalable applications that support Wayfairs massive product catalog - everything from high-powered web applications to distributed systems capable of processing enormous amounts of data.
If youre interested in helping our customers find just the right product for their home, wed love to talk to you. Were looking for smart, self-driven, outgoing engineers to join our growing team to help us manage our catalog of millions of products across thousands of categories. We work at scale and think about our customers first. We love to move fast and deliver high quality solutions to challenging business problems.
What youll do:
- Learn and teach alongside us as we write the code that drives Wayfair's product catalog
- Contribute to our coding and quality standards. Design scalable, resilient architecture to meet our growing business needs
- Build performant and stable compiled .Net applications that process large datasets
- Write robust, well-tested .Net code
- Work with product and business to find creative solutions to challenging business problems and guide a team toward quick wins, good design and long-term stability
- Move fast, make things
Who you are:
- A graduate of a computer science, computer graphics, or digital arts related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 4+ years of equivalent industry experience
- A great understanding of Object Oriented Design, MVC, and web architecture
- Confidence in interfacing with stakeholders to gather requirements, and translating requirements into software architecture
- A collaborative, team-first personality and a sense of humor
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Experience working in a distributed or highly transactional environment
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work