Office Tour Photos
We are excited to be seeking a Software Engineer II to join our team. This is an entirely hands on, full stack role (75% back end), working on our EverQuote Pro platform. You are a software engineer who is comfortable jumping into and actively contributing to new or existing codebases, and who can wear many hats from creating and owning new features to maintaining infrastructure. You should have informed opinions on longer term application design and are capable of effectively expressing those viewpoints.
Our Software Engineers work closely with insurance providers to help ensure that they are able to interact effectively with our auctions; developers often collaborate with our product and business development teams in order to effectively prioritize and coordinate company goals. EverQuote is a place where engineers understand the business needs driving their work, and can see in real time how their changes are impacting the company.
Technologies used: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, DataBricks.
- Design and implement new features and projects for a mix of web-based applications and services
- Provide insight and technical expertise towards our infrastructure and architecture projects and initiatives
- Help drive strategic initiatives and thinking about how to evolve the online marketing opportunities available to us
- 4+ years of work experience in software engineering
- Experience building and scaling distributed available systems
- Familiar with relational database systems
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments. (Ubuntu, Debian etc)
- Experience with our current tech stack Ruby on Rails (required), PostgreSQL (required), Redis (required), Python, Go, Django, MongoDB
- Experience running production applications on Amazon Web Services (required), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Kubernetes
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
- We recently completed our IPO and are looking for the next generation of leaders to push us forward as a public company
- Even as weve become a public company, were committed to maintaining our startup feel, (but with none of that startup anxiety)
- We employ completely data-driven decision-making
- We encourage creative thinking, independent responsibilities for business results & team collaboration
- Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock, and a relaxed & flexible work environment
- We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
More Jobs From