Chewy is looking for a Sr Cloud Engineer to join our Enterprise Financial Technology team based in Dania Beach, FL. This role will help develop and scale enterprise-class data integration applications running on AWS. These integrations are a crucial piece of Chewys infrastructure and ensure timely and reliable flow of data among our most critical systems. Youll work with technical leaders and business stakeholders to design solutions that will contribute meaningful value and help Chewy success as the trusted home for pet parents.
- 10+ years of experience in designing and developing highly scalable and fault tolerant applications in public cloud infrastructure (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Proficient using multiple python libraries (Pandas, NumPy, Sci-Kit Learn and boto3)
- Experience building Distributed Data Ingestion applications by implementing Serverless Architectures using Python and native AWS Components (e.g. Lambda Functions, SQS, SNS, AWS Fargate, API Gateway, Step Functions, S3)
- Experience consuming and coding against APIs
- Experience building Web Applications using Vue Js/React/Angular
- Deep understanding database schemas and relational data design theories with strong SQL knowledge with RDBMS Databases such as PostgreSQL/Oracle/.
- Experience using Docker/Kubernetes for containerizing applications and managing multiple containers. Hands-on creation of custom Docker images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Experience working on DevOps/Agile Scrum operations and tools (Build & Release Automation, CI/CD deployments using Jenkins, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Good to have:
- Experience working with ERP products like Oracle/SAP
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development methodologies.
- Hands on experience creating Infrastructure as code and automating deployments using Cloud Formation or Terraform.