Software Engineer (Full Stack)
PrismHR has several openings for Software Engineers, each of whom is expected to play a key role in one of our agile development teams, delivering ‘best of breed’ software solutions to the PEO market.
You will have 2+ years experience in web-based software development, and are capable of working across all application tiers. You will join our Development team in Hopkinton, MA to work on PrismHR's flagship software products in SaaS, mobile, and on-premise environments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Design, development, integration, and deployment of web and mobile applications.
Employ a quality-first mindset to development tasks; collaborate with QA engineers to ensure that solutions are well tested.
Continually improve reliability and scalability of the existing application.
Support QA Engineers to ensure system quality, functionality and performance.
Troubleshooting and resolving issues across all application tiers.
Continual learning of new technologies and development methodologies.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
2 or more years in a software development role in companies delivering web-based applications.
- Solid Object Oriented design and development skills
- Experience developing web-based applications using Java and/or Node.js/J2EE, Servlets, JSPs.
- Experience with NoSQL or multi-value (PICK) databases. Pluses include Postgres or Elasticsearch.
- Use and administration of Apache Tomcat web container under Linux.
- Experience with Service Oriented Design and Architecture; interest in legacy modernization is a plus.
- Possesses exceptional initiative and is a quick learner.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Agile Development environment.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent.
PrismHR is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Diversity Candidates are encouraged to apply