Software Engineer - Front End Apps
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy and support needed to build amazing technology and products.To do this, we look for people who insist on abias towards actionto minimize unhelpful hierarchy and process. We collaborate using our teammates' diverse perspectives to solve hard problems. Our communication with one another is open, honest and efficient. We dedicate time and resources to explore new ideas and, as a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and useful.
As a Front-End Engineer, you are a thoughtful, collaborative, and dynamic technologist who loves building applications for a diverse, complex, and messy world. Do you think deeply about workflow, intuitiveness, and performance both within the current UI and across the application? Are you passionate about presenting meaningful data and analysis in an elegant manner, always mindful of testing, component reuse, and code health? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are on a mission to clarify complex data through scientific, statistical, and inspired study. We take pride in our tight-knit, highly-talented community that provides our employees with an environment to bring transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do:
- Build a robust application platform for analytics, data visualization, and exploration
- Contribute to internal projects including a UI component library, a library for higher-order components, an automatic documentation generator, and multiple charting abstractions
- Interface with a diverse financial user base, asset classes, and workflows
- Utilize local caching and generic APIs for a responsive and enjoyable UI
- Allow users to explore data sets both extremely large and very targeted
- Dig into data analysis and think deeply about statistics, application workflows, and their meanings
What We Look For:
- At least one core expertise, such as React, performance optimization, frontend infrastructure, system design, or data visualization
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Attention to detail and thoroughness, including documentation and testing
- Desire to build a strong, collaborative engineering culture as a code reviewer, mentor, and teammate
How to Really Get Our Attention:
- Major technical contributor at a top software company
- Open-source project contributions showing thoughtfulness and initiative
- 2+ years of experience with front end technologies
- Relevant research or publications
Technologies We Like:
- Development and debugging tools like Git, Sentry, Cypress, Mocha, and Ava
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with 100% premium covered
- Unlimited vacation days
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free snacks and drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Cardio machines and weights in the office
- Hubway (bike sharing program) membership
All qualifiedapplicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.