Office Tour Photos
Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Foundations engineering team in Cambridge, MA. The Foundations team focuses on improving overall engineering performance through architectural improvements, engineering tooling, and developing core frameworks. These projects are complex and challenging and provide the opportunity to work with sophisticated tools and technologies. To succeed in this role, you must be able to learn and adapt quickly and collaborate with other engineers to deliver solutions. Potential project opportunities: creating new micro-services, improving UI performance, re-architecting core components and building developer tools.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a group of other engineers to improve engineering performance.
- Collaborate with engineers in other groups.
- Participate in requirements and design discussions and come up with efficient solutions.
- Write and deploy high-quality, performant, maintainable code.
- Be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving software.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Experienced with building and designing scalable websites or large-scale applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborates well with other people
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI, Dublin, IE, and London, UK. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Individuals seeking employment at CarGurus are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
More Jobs From