Office Tour Photos
Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for skilled Software Engineers who can help drive the efficiency with which we deliver and evolve our industry leading products. Emerging Product focuses on transformative opportunities in the automotive space. These projects tend to have longer time horizons due to their challenging and exploratory nature. As such, an interest in rapid product experimentation and iteration is a core attribute for successful team members. Our currently public initiatives are:
- P2P Making selling or buying privately easy, safe, and secure.
- Finance & Digital Retail Enabling car buying online, starting with financing transparency.
Our startup DNA means we particularly value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
What you will do:
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, and data analysts to take an idea from concept to technical design to implementation to testing to measurement.
- Pitch in wherever there will be the greatest impact. This could be anything from implementing a new full consumer facing feature, to integrating with a key partner or technology, to a quick vapor or A/B test to help determine whats next.
- Continuously learn and expand your capabilities
Who You Are:
- Programmed in Java (1-3 years)
- Experience with SQL
- Comfortable with core software development tools including source control (we use Git) and issue tracking (we use JIRA)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Curious and plays well with others
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
More Jobs From