Office Tour Photos
Who We Are
The Periscope Services team is responsible for building and managing backend services and systems which power LIVE video for both Periscope and Twitter. This includes functionalities such as low latency chat messaging, ML ranked timelines, broadcast and user management, unified search, notifications, recommendation and so much more. We work with product management, design, data science and leadership teams to create compelling new experiences for Live video in all areas of Twitter and Periscope. Our team of 8 engineers manages 20+ Golang microservices that support thousands of concurrent live broadcasts with millions of viewers.
What You’ll Do
As an engineer on the Periscope Services team, your primary responsibility will be to design and build backend services and systems. You will work with other engineers on the team to solve difficult but exciting distributed system design and implementation problems. You will help us identify and fix issues to improve scalability, performance and simplicity of our platform.
Who You Are
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience developing backend systems
- Familiarity with distributed systems and concepts such as concurrency, multithreading, and queues
- Strong software engineering best practices (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals
- Likes to solve hard problems, eager to learn new things, communicates clearly and loves to work in a collaborative environment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From