Software Engineer - Data Platform
When looking to buy a product, whether it is in a brick and mortar store or online, it can be hard enough to find one that not only has the characteristics you are looking for but is also at a price that you are willing to pay. It can also be especially frustrating when you finally find one, but it is out of stock. Likewise, brands and retailers can have a difficult time getting the visibility they need to ensure you have the most seamless experience as possible in selecting their product. We at Wiser believe that shoppers should have this seamless experience, and we want to do that by providing the brands and retailers the visibility they need to make that belief a reality.
Our goal is to solve a messy problem elegantly and cost effectively. Our job is to collect, categorize, and analyze lots of structured and semi-structured data from lots of different places every day (whether it’s 20 million+ products from 500+ websites or data collected from over 300,000 brick and mortar stores across the country). We help our customers be more competitive by discovering interesting patterns in this data they can use to their advantage, while being uniquely positioned to be able to do this across both online and instore.
We are looking for a mid-level software engineer to join a team of like-minded individuals responsible for developing the data architecture that powers our data collection process and analytics platform. If you have a passion for optimization, scaling, and integration challenges, this may be the role for you.
What You Will Do
- Think like our customers – you will work with product and engineering leaders to define solutions
- Design/develop/extend our data pipeline services and architecture to implement your solutions – you will be collaborating on some of the most important and complex parts of our system that form the foundation for the business value our organization provides
- Improve the quality of our solutions – you will hold yourself and your team members accountable to high quality standards
- Own your work – you will take responsibility to shepherd your projects from idea through delivery into production
- Bring new ideas to the table – some of our best innovations originate within the team
Technologies We Use
- Python, SQL, Node.js, Ruby
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Apache Airflow
- Snowflake, MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, ElasticSearch
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant technical degree
- 3-5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Proficiency with data languages such as Python and SQL
- Solid understanding of RDMS/NoSQL/Big Data solutions (Postgres, MongoDB, Snowflake, etc.)
- Solid understanding of ETL/ELT and OLTP/OLAP concepts
- Solid understanding of AWS, Linux and infrastructure concepts
- Proven ability to diagnose and address data abnormalities in systems
- Proven ability to learn quickly, make pragmatic decisions, and adapt to changing business needs
- Focus on results: shipping software that matters to the company and the customer
- Passion for data, analytics, or machine learning.
- Experience building data warehouses using conformed dimensional models
- Experience working within a retail or ecommerce environment.