Office Tour Photos
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and solves the challenges of one of the worlds largest, most successful financial institutions.
As a software engineer on the Data Team, you will be responsible for aggregating thousands of messy data points and making sure they are integrated into Kenshos systems and easily accessible to our teams. Our Data Team consists of a diverse mix of engineers working in Python to interface with many types of backends.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that could transform the way people think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, communicative environment that brings transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What Youll Do
- You will write robust, scalable, and well tested code for integrating all kinds of data into Kenshos systems
- You will work closely with our knowledge graph, ensuring its synchronised with dozens of internal and external data sources
- You will help make Kenshos data easily accessible internally through easy to use, performant and well documented APIs
- You will work on rapidly prototyping new services to accommodate other projects and teams data needs
What We Look For
- You have a love for all things data, data structures, and algorithms
- Youre excellent at coding and documentation
- You have a deep understanding of regular expressions
- You have experience with either relational or non-relational databases
- You have experience aggregating information from publicly-available sources
- You have outstanding communication skills, including the ability to convey technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
How You Can Really Get Our Attention
- You have 2-4 years of experience working with large, unstructured datasets, graph databases, and data acquisition
- You have made meaningful, impactful contributions in a startup or top company using big data
- Your open source project contributions, research, publications, or patents demonstrate innovation and initiative
- You participate in and have received awards at Hackathons and/or other competitions
- You demonstrate a positive attitude, self-awareness, and a willingness to learn
Technologies You Will Use
- Python and specifically Pandas, Numpy, scikit-learn, and celery
- Infrastructure such as kubernetes, nginx, redis, and RabbitMQ
- Data stores like PostgreSQL and other NoSQL alternativesUbuntu linux or similar
Benefits & Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global. Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture.
Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
More Jobs From