Office Tour Photos
We are a rapidly growing company thats revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Software Engineer to play a critical role on the team responsible for evolving our customer relationship experiences. Our team is a full stack team, working on features across tiers of the codebase including backend server code (Java), front-end UIs (React), and external APIs driven by Dropwizard microservices. The focus of this team covers our Business operations, Customer onboarding journeys & automation, Support operations and Restaurant-facing applications and tools used by restaurateurs on a daily basis. In addition, at Toast, we leverage a number of enterprise system applications including SalesForce and NetSuite.
As a Software Engineer on the Customer Experience Transformation team, you will be:
- Designing, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participating in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations
- Thinking in terms of the end-user and designing accordingly
- Life-long learner
- Self-starter and ability to work with little supervision
- Actively contributing to product design and feature selection discussions
- Participating in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in Java
- Proficient with front-end technologies such as React
- Passionate about building great software
- An interest and commitment to continuous learning
- Known for having a get unblocked attitude
- At least 3 years of experience
- Well-versed in at microservice architecture or SaaS
Our Tech Stack
Toasts products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The front-end is built primarily using Angular and ES6. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For data between tablets and our cloud platform we operate RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct tablet communication to the back end.
More Jobs From