Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst is looking for Software Engineers to work on our globally distributed engineering team. Our team features very strong software engineering talent, with years of core database engine and distributed systems development experience.
As a Software Engineer, youll be designing and implementing the Starburst products including Trino connector for the cloud and contribute directly to the core engine project.
- Design and develop core components to the Starburst products for Trino
- Contribute to the ongoing Trino development by implementing new features, bug fixes, and other improvements
- Develop new and extend existing Trino connectors to various data sources
- Lead complex and technically challenging projects from concept to completion
- Write tests and contribute to ongoing automation infrastructure development
- Run and analyze software performance metrics
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Provide exceptional customer support and be part of the support rotations for 24/7 customer escalations
- 5+ years experience developing large scale software in Java or C++
- Demonstrated experience with good engineering practices and software craftsmanship.
- Appreciation for maintainable, working, high quality software.
- Experience with distributed systems design, implementation and testing
- Experience with database internals such as query optimization or query execution
- Comfortable with scripting languages is a bonus
- Hands-on experience and interest with Hadoop, Spark, Docker is a big plus
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Experience working on SaaS products or with Service Oriented Architectures is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes would be helpful but not required
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.