Office Tour Photos
The Cloud Software Engineer at 128 Technology will join a newly developed Extensibility team within Engineering. The role is responsible for Cloud image management, Cloud orchestration, and will work to create plug-ins and monitoring systems for our product in the Cloud. The goal is to implement our product seamlessly in the latest Cloud technologies. You will interface closely with Product Management and Sales Engineering to prioritize requirements, develop requirements specifications, user documentation, and architectural systems research.
- Set up, configure and migrate applications to the Cloud, including the use of migration tools
- Create robust production quality applications and develop prototypes quickly
- Establish best practices associated with Unit Level testing and the incorporation of CI/CD principles into the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Establish best coding practices to minimize code refactoring for Cloud agnostic development in both Azure and AWS
- Working experience with the fundamentals of scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Cloud experience such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience resolving issues with Cloud HA
- Experience with monitoring cloud applications
- Must believe in test-driven development
- Experience working with containers (Docker)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments
Education and Experience:
- B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience with Cloud technologies (Azure and/or AWS)
- 2-4 years of design and implementation experience of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with automation and configuration management technologies, like Salt
- Continuous integration (CI) pipeline experience in the cloud
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with messaging queues (Kafka, Rabbit MQ etc.)
- Experience with in-memory database such as Redis
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
128 Technology makes software-based routers. We're a young company, but we have some very big customers. We're growing, so we have multiple openings in different teams. We're looking for both experienced people (5+ years) and recent graduates as well, or anything in-between.
We are a mixture of more and less experienced people, and try not to take ourselves too seriously. We have frequent debates about video games, movies, sports, east vs. west const, and best code editors/IDEs. Rarely has anyone been seriously injured or maimed in these debates. Except for Alex - he used tabs instead of spaces, and clearly had to be put down. (Just kidding! We use clang-format so it replaces the tabs with spaces, to accommodate heathens like Alex)
We offer free beer (on tap!), a variety of coffee, tea, sodas, waters, snacks, catered lunches... and we have a gym to counteract all that. We also have an unlimited vacation policy, flexible work hours, and other fun benefits!
We also believe no one knows everything, and even people with decades of experience can be wrong or learn better ways of doing something. Technology changes - programming does too!
More Jobs From