Software Engineer, Backend/API
Machine learning is eating the world. At PathAI, we're applying it in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great product to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for skilled and experienced application engineers to join our team and help lay the groundwork for our growing software platform.We believe in using the best tool for the job. While were always looking to improve, in this role, those tools currently include:
- Django REST framework
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Solve interesting problems with code.
- Build new features for internal and external users, and refactor existing ones to make them better.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to solve problems in sustainable ways. Sometimes you'll be neck-deep in low-level systems, and other times you'll be pairing up with the front-end team on the user interface.
- Drive the architecture of our application platform, considering the team and our future product roadmap.
- Collaborate with product, design, front-end, machine learning, and infrastructure teams.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. You've been around the block a more than a couple times, typically via two to five years of work in this field.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.