Office Tour Photos
Who we are:
Twitter’s real-time ecosystem operates at massive scale. We are looking for engineers who can harness this data through beautiful, simple tools and services. We serve a diverse and growing set of customers who rely on you and your team to help them be more efficient and effective in their jobs. You will be responsible for crafting and building tools and systems focused on improving software and hardware reliability, enabling actions on the core infrastructure components, which deliver billions of tweets and support 300M+ users.
What you’ll do:
- Design scalable solutions that enable simple and elegant management and implementation of complex infrastructure systems.
- Implement software in a reliable and sustainable manner.
- Support and maintain your software systems to ensure a high quality customer experience.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates.
Who you are:
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well tested code.
- Track record of crafting and implementing complex software services
- 5+ years of industry experience at a large-scale internet service
- Fluency in Scala, Python, Java or Golang
- Comfortable working in a small and dynamic development team
- Datacenter, Network and System knowledge: you know the layers below the systems.
- Ideally you can provide a link to your portfolio of websites, personal projects, github repo, or technology blog
- You are not afraid of a challenge at scale
- You’re excited to work in an ecosystem of open-source technologies developed both internally and externally, such as Finagle, Thrift, and Grafana.
- You’re comfortable working in large code bases.
- You’re excited about, when appropriate, context switching between projects and languages.
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From