Software Engineer / Backend
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
MineralTree is searching for a passionate Software Engineer (backend) who will assist with the design and development of enhancements to the MineralTree product.
- Be a part of the breakthrough and innovation for solving real-world software problems while identifying and defining key technologies for software development at MineralTree
- Provide hands-on development for complex projects as a contributor and specialist for your designated team
- Responsible for software design and development for MineralTree’s financial products and platforms
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures
- Rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals while performing a variety of complicated technical tasks
- Collaborate with other teams to accomplish technical and product development tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- Two or more years of experience in a similar role or related area
- Solid understanding of design patterns, objected-oriented design and architectural principles
- Two or more years of experience with Java and related technologies
- Solid understanding of server-side development of web based concurrent applications
- Working knowledge of cryptography and management of cryptographic data
- Working knowledge of micro-service architectures
- Broad familiarity with open source technologies in a java ecosystem
- Understanding of modern SDLC/CI processed
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience building and maintaining a multi-tenant SaaS environment
- Understanding of financial systems, specifically around payments and invoice automation technologies is a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.