We are the Presto company --- At Starburst (https://www.starburstdata.com), our team is a major contributor to the open source Presto project. We consist of many of the experts and committers who have been contributing to and advancing the Presto product over the last several years. Originally created and open sourced by Facebook under the Apache 2 License, Presto is the fastest growing SQL engine driven by a community of users --- from small companies to the Fortune 500.
Starburst is looking for Software Engineers to work on our team in Boston. Our team features very strong software engineering talent, with years of core database engine and distributed systems development experience. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be designing and implementing the Starburst products for the cloud and contribute directly to the core Presto project.
- Design and develop core components to the Starburst products for Presto
- Contribute to the ongoing Presto development by implementing new features, bug fixes, and other improvements
- Develop new and extend existing Presto connectors to various data sources
- Lead complex and technically challenging projects from concept to completion
- Write tests and contribute to ongoing automation infrastructure development
- Run and analyze software performance metrics
- Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
- Provide exceptional customer support and be part of the support rotations for 24/7 customer escalations
- Be Smart and Get Things Done
- 5+ years’ experience developing large scale software in Java or C++
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working on SaaS products or with Service Oriented Architectures Pluses
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Docker
- Comfortable in scripting languages
- Experience using front end web frameworks such as Angular, Backbone, or React
- Experience with usability and user experience
- Experience with distributed systems design, implementation and testing
- Experience with Database internals such as query optimization or query execution
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
More Jobs From