The candidate will be part of a talented agile team working to build the next generation of products and solutions within the USCM Digital business unit. We are seeking experienced, motivated Software Engineers to participate in the development of enterprise class APIs and microservices. You will be engaged in challenging, innovative projects that impact millions of customers.
The industry changes quickly, so we are looking for candidates who can respond to change, pick up new technologies quickly and adapt to changing requirements. We also want candidates who take pride in their work and have strong design and development expertise. We value quality code delivery and expect candidates to demonstrate competence at writing, testing and debugging complex Java code.
Your role and responsibilities
- You will collaborate closely with a team of technologists, analysts, developers and test engineers to deliver complex software solutions.
- Drive full cycle end to end development from design through implementation.
- The role requires hands-on development, problem resolution and knowledge of various horizontal and vertical packages - spanning across all layers of our technical stack.
- In an Agile environment, work with business team members, product owners, and other software engineers to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype and author code for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline preferably computer science or software development.
- Generally 3+ years of professional development experience.
- Moderate knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts.
- Java development experience
- Experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Test Engineers)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks (e.g., Junit, Mockito).
- Experience with IBM Integration Designer, WebSphere Integration Developer (WID) is a plus.
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or Docker is a plus.
- Experience with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services is a strong plus.
- Experience integrating with and managing microservices exposed via SOAP and/or REST APIs including development and support of Java services a strong plus.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From