A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As Software Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing many of the innovative features we’ll be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product team or helping our data science group work on the bleeding-edge to personalize travel for our ever expanding population of members.
In this role, you will:
- Build innovative consumer experiences, specializing on our microservice or mobile development platforms
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Work with exceptionally skilled teammates to develop best-in-breed solutions to complex problems
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, getting great feedback for career growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
A perfect candidate has:
- Designed and written beautiful code: simple, testable, efficient and maintainable
- Learned new languages, technologies and frameworks from one project to the next
- Collaborated with others to solve tough technical and product problems
About the team
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 25 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 25 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artist’s loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!