As a member of the Learner Experience Squad, youll be directly engaged with building features for customer delight. Youll be bringing new and exciting capabilities to our platform that enable learners and edX institution partners to have a fruitful, engaging experience when learning online.
Working closely with Product and UX, this group leverages industry research to identify feature areas that can help learners engage with course content as effectively as possible. You will join a collaborative team of five engineers, tasked with enabling features for program-based courses.
Headquartered in the heart of Cambridges Technology Square, were currently fully remote.
- Design, develop, and deploy software solutions in Python, Django, and ReactJS
- Work with the engineering and product teams to refine project specs
- Learn from your coworkers and share your knowledge with them through tech talks, interest groups, companywide demos, and hackathons
- Diagnose and fix bugs
- 3+ years of full-stack development
- Willingness and desire to learn
- A mindset for discovery and growth
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Python/Django
- Enthusiasm for Agile/Scrum processes
- Experience with (or interest in) infrastructure of software systems (DevOps / SRE work)
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
Thats why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply even if you cant check every box. Wed love to hear from you.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.