Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our works made a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team. We'd love someone who is self-motivated and who flourishes with building applications from the ground up. Someone who is currently using the latest technologies, utilizing data to drive decisions, collaborating with other really intelligent people, and moving quickly, then you've found the right place!
As an Engineer at CarGurus, you will work in a fast paced, data & technology driven environment and will be deeply engaged in the full software development lifecycle. You'll be designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving software that you build. You'll deploy code daily, while delivering software and analytics to both consumers and clients and will be responsible for your own projects and collaborate with fellow engineers and product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact. And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
- Understanding of how to build high volume, distributed back-end services with cutting edge technology
- Comfortable in a Product Development environment
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn search and / or related technologies like ElasticSearch
- Able to conceptualize, develop, test, and release product
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Experienced with building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From