BitSight is looking for a talented and experienced Full Stack Engineer to join our Boston engineering team.
BitSight prides itself in building exceptional career opportunities and offering outstanding benefits to our team. We have the enthusiasm of a start-up, a culture driven from industry veterans committed to long-term growth, and the benefits package of a mature industry leader.
Our team is developing distributed, highly scalable solutions for Bitsights products, tackling problems that span multiple disciplines from Big Data, analytics and metrics to Internet protocols, security, and high-performance messaging, to REST APIs and microservices. We are looking for talented software engineers that embrace the challenge of tackling large problems and want to construct the foundation that the engineering team will use for the next 3-5 years. We offer an opportunity to make a unique impact, not just as an individual but on the entire engineering team.
Apart from domain skills, what we truly value are strong generalists: those with the critical thinking skills to use a variety of technologies & languages and pick up new concepts when needed. We deliver robust, high-quality code in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from planning work, to utilizing build tooling like Webpack or Rollup.js, to deploying code using tools such as Jenkins or Travis CI. We dont expect you to be an expert in all the steps in this process, but a good understanding of each step is important.
- Experience building customer facing products as part of an engineering team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with React.
- Experience improving front end performance using technologies such as server side rendering, code splitting, lazy loading, etc.
- Experience with middleware frameworks such as Nodejs, Flask, Django, PHP, or Ruby on Rails.