Office Tour Photos
BHEs mission is to improve healthcare through innovative analytics. Our team has built a next-generation analytics platform, Instant Health Data (IHD), to bring researchers together to generate insights into improving population health, quality of care, and managing costs.
Our engineering team is looking for talented individuals who want to bring our platform to the next level, expanding into new markets. In undertaking this challenge, our new engineers will be at the forefront of the latest technologies, learn about large-scale, new and emerging data sources, and help BHE maintain its leadership position.
Our engineers work in a fast-paced, rapid-learning environment with leaders in software development, working with massive data sets, and healthcare data analytics. In our environment, everyone is encouraged to make a difference without experiencing the fixed ways of doing business in larger, bureaucratic organizations.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us as we design and build a cutting-edge health analytics platform that that allows researchers to process hundreds of millions of records via our intuitive web front end.
You will be a key member of the Engineering team and will be responsible for
- Design, build, and maintain a highly scalable web analytics platform
- Ensure that the platform meets business requirements and industry practices for security and privacy
- Write queries/jobs/functions to feed and enhance the data pipeline
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Integrate new technologies and software engineering tools into existing platform
- Assist customer support team with analytics and software inquiries
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical/science field
- 1-3 years of experience working in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with web technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals (SSH, DNS, TCP, etc.)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
Preferred qualifications (1+ years)
- 1-3 years of experience working tools like Git, vim, and tmux
- Intermediate-advanced SQL (NoSQL experience a plus, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Cassandra)
- Economics, statistics, or math or background
- Eager to learn new systems and technologies
Why be a part of BHE's Team?
- Leading healthcare data analytics/big data company
- Work on a team of talented and pragmatic engineers/researchers
- Great mentorship and growth opportunities
More Jobs From