Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions Company, provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon is seeking a Software Engineer for our Cloud Services team who is passionate about distributed computing and building large scale data platforms. As we transmit data in real-time from our clients to command centers, we turn this data into safety. Our Cloud Engineers work witha team of iOS, Android, and other software developers who are responsible for evaluating tools and technologies, prototyping and engineering the platform.
If you are passionate about everything cloud, believe deeply in automating solutions, and enjoy contributing to best of breed technologies, you may have found a great home with Avigilon. The position is ideal for a self-starter and quick learner with a passion for applications development who enjoys collaborative work on leading edge technologies.
The Software Engineer will join forces with our other Cloud Services Engineers at our Analytics and Data Science Center located in Assembly Row – Somerville, MA.
- Design efficient and effective back-end services that drive Avigilon’s complex solutions
- Implement video surveillance and analytics features and services for Avigilon’s cloud products hosted on a Microsoft Azure platform
- Evaluate and utilize the latest concepts, tools and technologies
- Collaboration with cross-function teams in our Agile/Scrum environment
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of developing and debugging with object-oriented languages – C#
- Experience with cloud services application development (AWS or Azure)
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs used between browsers, mobile apps and the back-end server
- Experience with various databases, including working knowledge of SQL platforms relational data stores (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL) – and ideally NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly and independently, and work within a team
Benefits and Perks:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, ESPP, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, community service activities, etc.