Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Clinicals team within our Core Services Engineering organization. Your job will be to develop components that automate vital requests for a number of medical services. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a developer with experience building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space.
As an engineer on the athenaClinicals Product team, you may have the opportunity to work on a broad range of product components and workflows used by doctors and clinicians, such as; order management, prescriptions, lab/imaging results, medical history documentation, and the coordination of patient care, in both ambulatory and inpatient settings.
You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
The Team: Our athenaClinicals team builds code that matters, working on the beating heart of doctors’ workflows that is used by over 100,000 healthcare providers daily. We build the interface that makes the interactions between these providers and the electronic health record as seamless as possible, and elevates what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it. This team is innovative, passionate, and driven by our mission to help make an impact.
- Design and develop code on an agile team of Engineers, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Experience Designer
- Collaborate with team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Develop knowledge and domain expertise. Take ownership of what you and the team builds and coordinate your efforts across the teams to ensure proper completion
- About 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficient in at least one modern programming language; relational databases, with modern UI frameworks helpful
- We work in Agile environment, so any Agile experience or CI/CD concepts is helpful
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, and various other technologies is helpful
- Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), tuition reimbursement, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few
More Jobs From