Software Engineer - SaaS
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North Americas fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia Cloud is looking for software engineers to help extend its cloud based Software as a Service (SaaS) initiatives leveraging distributed systems and cluster computing technologies. Acquia Cloud is a enterprise grade Platform as a Service (PaaS) hosted entirely on Amazon Web Services. We are one of AWSs largest customers (running 20,000+ EC2 instances) and our platform receives tens of billions of origin hits monthly, and powers some of the largest websites on the Internet.
The Acquia Cloud SaaS Software Engineer will join a high velocity team of engineers enhancing and building robust distributed microservices which are used with the Acquia Cloud platform. The platform is a polyglot system running everything from PHP, Ruby, Java to Go all interacting with multiple distributed services.
An ideal candidate is one that has experience building resilient distributed systems, is passionate about Open Source software, has experience performance tuning application clusters at scale and is a strong team player. If you believe you are a match wed love to talk with you.
- Work in an agile DevOps team collaborating and operating the Acquia services.
- Design and develop tools that automate the deployment, maintenance, and monitor of the Acquia Cloud services.
- Debug complex distributed systems issues in production settings.
- Experienced in running and debugging highly concurrent and distributed systems
- Capable of building and shipping complex applications in a variety of programming languages (Go, PHP, Ruby)
- Configuration Management Tools experience (Puppet, CloudFormation)
- Experience in Linux configuration and configuration management
- Experience building systems on cloud technology (AWS, GCE)
- Demonstrates flexibility to the needs of the business.
- Works in collaborative and supportive manner.
- Acts to increase capabilities and be a constant learner. Open to feedback.
- Experience with Linux Kernel capabilities such as LXC containers, capability jails, etc.
- Experience with LAMP hosting architecture (Varnish, Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- Contributor to Open Source projects
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.