Software Development Manager, NLU Expansion
Interested in Amazon Echo? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
The Applied Modeling and Data Science team is seeking a Software Development Manager to take our automation and software development initiatives to the next level! You will be the primary owner for the software that powers automated analytics and a range of science initiatives to accelerate Alexa capabilities for customers around the world and make Alexa smarter along the way.
An ideal candidate will have experience with working across teams and stakeholders to understand customer needs and define a development roadmap along with an insatiable desire to create and innovate.
· Lead an emerging team with the mindset of a builder and an innovator.
· Hire and refine the charter of your team
· Collaborate with a number of partner teams to achieve goals
· Partner with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
· Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
· 8+ years of software development experience
· 4+ years of experience in an engineering people management role
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Programming experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science
· 5+ years of senior software development management experience.
· Experience with at least the basics of machine learning and natural language processing.
· Exceptional level of organization
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation