Chewy is hiring a Software Development Manager for our Customer Platforms team in Boston. This team is responsible for the applications used by CS agents to provide best in class customer service to our customers. As an SDM, you will be responsible for a team of engineers who will be involved in delivering tools and insights to create a 7-star experience for CS.
This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across business and product teams, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for our best-in-class Customer Service team. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. As an SDM, you will be involved in hands on architecture and development along with the team that you lead.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of software engineers responsible for building tools and insights for Chewys best in class Customer Service.
- Recruit and hire engineers and mentor the growth of the existing team.
- Drive technical decisions and work with your product owner to manage a backlog to support multiple teams within the Chewy Software organization.
- Review code and implementations to provide feedback for individual contributors.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams.
- Collaborate on design and implementation of scalable test environments for development and testing.
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall corporate objectives.
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment.
What you'll need:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Systems Engineering or a similar math or engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects (mobile or web application development, test automation, or release engineering domains)
- 5-10 years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Familiarity with multiple technology stacks including both static and dynamic programming languages (we primarily use Java, but are not limited to Java/JVM tools).
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Ecommerce experience
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience building applications using AWS services
- Experience with e-commerce & call-center applications
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].