Software Development Engineer in Test
Carbonite has invested heavily in engineering and product quality and this investment has proven to be a big differentiator for the Company. Carbonite's business requires a complex array of interdependent systems and functionality including:
- Unified Customer Portal for centralized management supporting the midmarket, resellers, and institutions - centrallymanage users, companies, jobs, services, etc.
- Endpoint software - Reliable, easy-to-use client backup software (PC, MAC, Mobile) and Web access and mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
- Virtual Server Backup — allows our midmarket customers to store/restore database and application servers which are Virtually hosted either locally or from the cloud.
- Business Continuity — developing a line of hardware appliances that bring business continuity services onto the customer's premises with combined local/cloud storage solutions.
- Infrastructure team develops infrastructure software to store, protect, and access customer data, with the ability to handle large scale and the ability to talk to any 3rd party storage engine to help minimize cost and maximize the following:
- Durability: we never lose it.
- Availability: it's always there for you.
- Flexibility: we support different usage models and applications.
- Profitability: inexpensive for us to use.
The Quality Engineering team at Carbonite is looking for someone who can help us continue our mission to invest in continuously improving our quality focus. This position will be responsible for the design, development and automation of new test cases which focus on qualification of our new CDPC platform. This will include participation in all aspects of quality initiatives. You will be involved with RESTful API’s, UI automation, Performance testing and much more. We have invested heavily in automation using selenium and Visual Studio. Languages include C# within a .NET framework, and Java. The ideal person will have hands on experience with multiple Microsoft technologies and some experience with Virtualization techniques. We are looking for people who enjoy a challenge and learning new technologies. This position will be part of a team which prides themselves on using some of the latest technologies. Examples include Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, and React. The Quality Engineering team’s mission statement is to "Transform Carbonite’s online Solution and continue our progress of maintaining world class quality solutions
Carbonite products provide ecommerce, storage services and backup on a very large scale, as we store billions of user files and many petabytes worth of data.
In this role as a Software Quality Engineer you will have an opportunity to be involved in all phases of testing focusing on continuous improvements and working on CI/CD environments. You will be expected to take ownership of testing areas which includes being involved from initial requirements, through designing, automating, and executing test cases. You should have a desire to contribute to our overall test automation strategy and help us as we continue to grow as we invest in CI/CD best practices. We are looking for people who want to learn and are not afraid to ask questions.Skills, Experience and Characteristics: You must have:
- Prior software testing skills using C# and .NET framework and or Java.
- Experience designing, implementing and debugging automated test cases.
- Experience with Hypervisors, vSphere, Hyper-V systems.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, React.
- Experience with UI automation.
- Hands on experience using a test case management system such as qTest or TFS.
- Experience with test case design methods which support automation and continuous integration.
- Experience with source control such as GitHub.
- Abundant initiative and ability to rapidly learn from mistakes, not afraid to ask questions.
- Exceedingly strong team/collaborative work ethic.
- Strong communication skills.
- Openness to say "I don't know,"
- Active, demonstrable curiosity about the newest technologies and practices with a desire to continuously improve.
The following would be a Plus:
- Prior experience with Jenkins.
- Prior experience with Selenium using Java web driver.
- Prior experience with Lab management and networking.
- Prior certification with Virtualization technologies.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.