Software Development Engineer - iOS
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos!
Blink builds the completely wireless, affordable, and battery-operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are seeking dynamic software development engineers to join our growing mobile app team.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume mobile applications across multiple mobile platforms that customers love. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for the development and launch of core product features. You must be able to implement custom native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques..
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities in mobile and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, mobile and web service technologies as it related to mobile apps and practical experience building customer facing mobile products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· 1+ years of industry experience with iOS, Swift and Objective C
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
· Knowledge of the iOS SDK and writing multi-threaded applications
· Web Services and cloud experience as it relates to mobile apps
· Solid understanding of iOS UI paradigms
· Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
· Proficiency in object-oriented development and ability to apply OO concepts
· Experience with the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (C/C++, Python, Java) and open-source technologies
· Experience working with hardware and embedded device software is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation