Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos!
Blink builds the completely wireless, affordable, and battery operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are seeking dynamic software development engineers to join our growing firmware team.
· Create best-in-class firmware running on our Blink devices
· Take technical ownership of bringing a product to market
· Interact with other teams across Blink and Amazon to ensure product quality and cohesiveness
· Lead regular system architecture, software design, patent filing, and interview cycles
· Work closely with our marketing and customer support teams to discover new ways to delight the customer
· 5+ years C/C++ firmware development with constrained resources (MIPS, RAM, FLASH, I/O)
· 5+ years working with embedded CPU architecture
· 5+ years socket-level programming
· 3+ years security technologies and protocols
· 3+ years real-time, multi-threaded experience with Linux and/or RTOS
· 3+ years with Wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, sub-GHz) stacks
· 3+ years working in a Linux development environment including editing, make, and source control
· 3+ years reading schematics and using hardware lab equipment such as scopes, logic analyzers, etc.
· Active participant in bringing at least one successful product to market.
· Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
· Strong communication skills (design docs, technical presentations, white boarding)
· Audio/Video codec knowledge
· Experience with camera image processing
· Embedded Linux (uBoot, Kernel, Driver)
· Bare metal, assembly, BSP, POST, RTOS
· Test automation / scripting skills
· Demonstrable technical leadership skills
· Master’s degree in STEM field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
More Jobs From