Office Tour Photos
Workbar is a growing network of coworking locations in Greater Boston connected through a proprietary technology platform. We are a collection of vibrant and buzzing workspaces shared by a diverse community of professionals ranging from start-ups to small businesses to enterprise companies. What results is an inspiring, high-energy place to work and collaborate.
We are leading the way on defining how workspace is purchased and functions in today’s mobile, on-demand economy - for individuals and large companies alike. Workbar is accelerating its expansion within New England and into new markets. We are headquartered directly across from South Station, with many locations throughout the Greater Boston region.
Visit www.workbar.comto learn more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Workbar is seeking a full-stack developer to lead our software team in designing, building, testing, and operationalizing Workbar’s home grown software platform. The platform, known as Wobbe, is the backbone that 1) helps our members make the most of their Workbar experience through functional use and networking tools, while also 2) enabling facility operators to run their spaces with ease.
As the leading member of an agile team, you will be responsible for driving the iteration of an existing platform. The ideal candidate will be flexible and have start up experience.
- Lead and support the Web Development team by:
- Creating best practice guidelines and managing the team to those standards
- Pairing with developers to collaborate on feature development
- Providing code review to developers to encourage their growth
- Helping developers set and meet professional goals * React to customer and business requests by continually evolving our product
- Improve the performance, scalability, and security of our production systems
- Automate our infrastructure and software delivery lifecycle
Architecture. You are comfortable working with your team to craft a design: choosing the appropriate technology – either built in-house or off-the-shelf for integration - and designing a solution that answers the problems at hand while staying within constraints. You possess an understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable and secure application.
Coding. Our Leads never go post-technical. We think that it’s important for technical leadership to continue to code. As a lead, we’re looking for a breadth of experience including:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Experience with TDD best practices, particularly using Rspec and Capybara
- Experience with commercial software development. You have built and supported products that were sold, shipped, and supported.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of payment platforms
- Road map development experience
DevOps. Every developer at Workbar is responsible for the stability, reliability, and security of the code they ship and the platform it runs on. As a lead, you should feel at home working with Amazon Web Services, particularly EC2, RDS, and S3.
You are flexible, open-minded, and love a challenge. You enjoy mentoring a team, enhancing their skills and advancing their overall career development. We all learn from each other, but with the breadth of technical experience you bring to the table, you’ll be an invaluable teacher to your team.
HOW TO APPLY
If this position is of interest to you, please apply by submitting the following:
- LinkedIn URL.
- A brief (NMT one page) cover letter which is CUSTOMIZED to show why you are a great match for this role, as defined. Please do not send a generic cover letter.
- Your salary requirements
Job Type: Full-time